Our office will split or merge your property as long as you supply us with the legal description. Our office will not create or draft property descriptions. The Property Appraiser’s Office STRONGLY suggests that you contact the appropriate local jurisdiction to verify that whatever you are asking us to do will meet the current zoning requirements.
In order for us to merge property you must meet the following criteria:
- Property MUST be contiguous to each other.
- All parcels MUST be in the same name, trust or business.
- Parcels MUST be in the same taxing district.
- Person requesting the merge MUST be the current owner of the properties.
- Taxes MUST be paid.
In order for us to split property you need to meet the following criteria:
- Person requesting split MUST supply our office with a complete legal description and/or survey of the way the property is to be split out.
- Person requesting the split MUST be the current owner of the property.
- Taxes MUST be paid per F.S. 197.192.
The entire process can take approximately 4 to 10 weeks depending on what time of year the request is made. Our office realizes that other agencies depend on verification from our office. We will supply a letter from our office, upon request, confirming the split or merge. The letter will contain the parcel numbers, corresponding legal description of the property and the name of the person requesting the split or merge. It has been requested by Saint Cloud and the Osceola County Zoning & Planning Department that we forward them a copy of each letter we issue.