Exemption Fraud Hotline
Report Fraud and Remain Anonymous
Call: (407) 742-4990
Florida laws provide for a number of exemptions from property taxes. When a property owner receives an exemption for which they are no longer entitled, it is deemed to be non-compliant and abuse of the law.
My office commits a large amount of time and energy regulating these exemptions, however some can be missed. If you know of a property in Osceola County that is currently receiving a tax exemption, which you believe it should not be receiving, we urge you to report the abuse by calling our Exemption Fraud Hotline at (407) 742-4990 or print this form, fill it out and drop it off or send it to 2505 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34744.
You may remain anonymous. If you wish to be contacted, you may leave your name and telephone number, but it is not required.
When you call, please leave us a message with the following information, if known:
For Exemption Fraud:
- The address of the property in question.
- Whether the property is occupied or vacant.
- Whether the property is rental or a vacation home.
- Name of person(s) occupying or using property.
- The length of time since the owner has used or lived in property.
- The address where you believe the owner may be located.
- Any additional information you think would help us with the case.
Abuse of the law affects all taxpayers, thank you for taking the time to report Exemption Fraud. One of my investigators will research this complaint.
Katrina S. Scarborough, CFA, CCF, MCF
Osceola County Property Appraiser